Monday 17 November 2014

Week 8: Death by Dough Balls

Key term: Theraputic use of Games


This week in MSc Experience:

- Learning about theraputic use of board games. I.e. A morning playing board games in class. On a serious note however; it was great to understand a bit more on the psychosocial front regarding how the enviroment affects how you interact with others and tasks! Thankfully led to me being less of a competative drama queen when loosing! 

- Student life experience = #freesnowballdoughballday at Pizza Express; got to love free food! See picture above for more details!

- Learning more regarding OT frames of reference and models of practice which is really intresting even if it did cause me a slight emotional breakdown on Friday afternoon; I am reasured that this is a reasnable part of the MSc/PostGrad journey, and not out of ordinary.

Working Whilst Studying

This week also gave me time to pick ip some OT assistant shifts which gave me a renewed desire to focus on my studies and reminded me why I want to be an occupational therapist. Also reminds me how much of a support my colleagues actually are as I study.

Now time to organise my time and get on with this weeks prep...



2 comments:

  1. Haha death by doughballs indeed! They were awesome, and so is your post :) The Shawshank Redemption is also on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.